noun: a food, drink or drug that stimulates sexual desire
Oysters, one of the most notorious aphrodisiacs, are high in zinc and have a reputation for being great for love and fertility. Oysters contain amino acids that trigger production of sex hormones.
- Chocolate is sensual, from its taste to its aroma, but dark chocolate contains small amounts of a compound called phenylethylamine, which acts like an amphetamine, stimulating your brain cells to release dopamine which induces feelings of pleasure.
- Served with champagne and fed to each other, strawberries are a healthy, vitamin C-packed dessert that help keep blood flowing to all regions of the body.
- Decadent, yet light as air, it just isn’t dessert without whipped cream. While there’s no evidence that whipped cream will boost libido, it’s sure to put you in the mood.
The above ingredients are starters for a good time, but feel free to explore and find personal, fanciful favorites of your own to try in the privacy of your own home. If you want to go out, there are places in Rochester to help you get in the mood with food and atmosphere.
Where the Feeling is Right
Cozy on up to the beautiful bar at Pescara for a round of oysters and the White Satin Sheets cocktail. You’ll find yourself floating away to happy land with a little white cranberry juice and some elderberry liquor all settled in with a beautiful edible flower, frozen in time and floating in your drink.
Stop for some sexy food and drink at ZZest Cafe. Saying “ZZest” sounds sexy. As you walk in you are surrounded by beautiful light, artwork and incredible smells emanating from the open kitchen. Turn to your left for the best in plein air seating, with the soft lapping of water from the nearby river, the birds chirping happily, overhead strings of rustic lighting and a nice little warm breeze on your face. I guarantee there will be some romance (day or night).
Let’s not forget dessert. Now that you have your juices flowing from a round of oysters, a wonderful dinner and a sweet breeze, make your next stop Five West, where the atmosphere reins in romanticism. The outdoor seating lends itself to honor a sensual feeling: fire within the tables facing west for that picturesque sunset. Dessert of Rocky Road Brownie Sundae with Carmelicious ice cream, toasted marshmallow fluff, toasted almonds, chocolate sauce and whipped cream, and an after dinner drink of Sparkling Strawberry will finish out your date night with some sincere pleasurable experiences.
The rest of the evening is up to you!
Provided by Sam Smith at Five West
- muddle one fresh strawberry
- 1 oz. St. Germaine elderflower liqueur
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1/4 oz. lemon juice
Shake. Pour into champagne flute. Top with Elviana Rosé (semi-sparkling rosé wine). Garnish: Strawberry.
White Satin Sheets
From Josh Kral at Pescara
- 1 1/2 oz. Hendrick’s gin
- 3/4 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. white cranberry juice
Shake with ice in shaker and strain into a martini glass. Garnish: Edible orchid.
Dawn Sanborn is a professional photographer, foodie and all around sexy chick.